Get more information about life in Banska Bystrica.
Information centre Banska Bystrica was founded in 1985 As Cultural and information centre under the town allowance organization. Centre provides the tourist information services since 1992.
Information centre activities:
• providing tourist information about the town and its surroundings
• providing information directly at the office on infotel 0850 003 004, via e-mail and via fax
• ensure the guide service in town and its surroundings through qualified English, German, French, Hungarian, Russian, Polish, Italian and Spanish traveller's guides
• Accommodation service in town and close surroundings
• Trip tips, tourist opportunities and leisure activities possibilities
• Town and region propagation at the local as well as foreign tourist exhibitions and in specialized publications
• Regular webpage update at www.icbb.sk
• Tickets advance sale directly at the Information centre Office in Banska Bystrica
• Point of sale of Ticketportal network
• Point of sale for propagation materials, representative publications, tourist maps and guides, postcards and gifts focused exclusively on Town and destination propagation
• Cooperation with the local tourist units and cultural institutions presenting the town and Slovakia itself
Town wanderings: regular themed wanderings in Slovak language held once a month (normally every second Sunday). Walk with the country guide takes approximately one hour. See the “Town wanderings” section.